Team TTO Commonwealth Youth Games athletes will attend an Athlete Career Programme (Youth) at Olympic House, 121 Abercromby Street, Port of Spain tomorrow (June 10th, 2017).
The athletes are preparing for the Bahamas 2017 Commonwealth Youth Games to be held in Nassau, Bahamas from the 18th - 23rd July 2017.
The aim of the programme is to provide National Youth/ Junior athletes with the tools towards achieving excellence in sport and to become role models and leaders. Topics to be discussed include anti-doping, mental training, media training and fair play.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To promote and maintain clean sport
- To aid with the enhancement of skills that would be beneficial both during and life after sport
- To educate and promote the importance of healthy lifestyles
- Understanding Peak Performance and the importance of having a strong and positive mind
- The seminar stars at 10:00am and is compulsory for athletes in line for selection to participate in Bahamas in July.