Speaking in the Californian city, San Diego Exploratory Committee chairman Vincent Mudd also revealed the budget has shrunk from $135 million (£110 million/€124 million) to just $50 million (£40 million/€46 million).
San Diego also now owns 100 per cent of the commercial rights, the Times of San Diego quoted former triple jumper turned Organising Committee President Willie Banks as saying, although profits will still be split with ANOC.
The new launch of the events follows meetings between Mudd and ANOC officials, including secretary general Gunilla Lindberg, at last month's Asian Beach Games in Danang.
Mudd attended the event in Vietnam in order to gain experience in how to organise a cost-effective event.
Reducing the number of venue clusters to focus around Mission Beach is one such element he and Banks learnt, they said.
Current plans are for 19 sports to be contested, all of which are different disciplines to those contested on the Olympic programme.
These include basketball 3x3 and beach versions of handball, soccer, tennis and wrestling.
BMX and skateboard big air events are also proposed, alongside surfing, wall climbing and both karate and jiu jitsu martial art events.
Flying disc ultimate is also included as is triathlon, water polo and marathon swimming.
Beach volleyball will take place, but it is likely to be a four rather than two-a-side format.
The line-up is completed by ocean canoeing, stand-up-paddle and windsurfing.
Notable omissions include e-sports, which had been originally proposed, along with beach rowing.
It is still thought possible the programme could change further, however.
The event was originally scheduled to take place in 2017 but earlier this year it was announced that it had been postponed and will instead take place in 2019.
The dates proposed are between October 10 and 20.
The decision was supposedly taken by ANOC in order to allow National Olympic Committees and International Federations "optimum time to prepare their athletes" for the event.
But insidethegames understands there had also been a lack of progress with marketing and financing.
Banks claims that they could have organised the event in 2017, but are responding to the wishes of ANOC.
"Our partners needed longer prep time," he told the Times of San Diego.
"We had our permits [for 2017].
"We had our plans set."
He claimed that finding domestic sponsors is their next priority.
"We’re now relying on our own group to shape these Games," Mudd added.
"Help open that door for us."
insidethegames has contacted ANOC for more information about the sports programme and financial structure.