Olympians George Bovell 111 ( swimming), Cleopatra Borel (Athletics) along with Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee ( TTOC ) Project Officer Athlete Services and Programmes, Rheeza Grant(volleyball) will travel to Miami, Florida on Monday to represent Trinidad and Tobago at the Pan American Sport Organization(PASO) Continental Athlete Forum - 24-25 May.
The three experienced athletes have represented Trinidad and Tobago over the last decade at national and international level in their respective sports. Their individual and collective passion ,keen interest and advocacy for issues surrounding athlete welfare are well known.
Athlete representatives from throughout the Americas will discuss current topics that directly affect athletes in the Americas.
The forum will be conducted over a two-day period and address the following areas:
- Foster athletes’ development and improve their representation within their NOC
- Discuss current issues that affect athletes
- Create a platform to exchange best practices amongst athlete leaders
- Provide the opportunity to improve communication between Athlete Commissions and athlete representatives across the region
- Create a communication network between the IOC AC, ANOC AC and NOC ACs
- Share tools to improve athletes’ development on and off the field of play